Blaine McLean
· News

Woman dies after nurse gave her cleaning fluid instead of juice

This is shocking.

A 85-year-old woman died when hospital staff reportedly gave her a glass of cleaning fluid - wrongly thinking it was orange juice.

The Flash multi-surface cleaner had apparently been left in a water jug on a ward at the Royal Sussex County NHS hospital in Brighton.

Union officials said a staff member mistakenly thought it was orange juice and poured a glass for the patient.

Though the woman attempted to cough it up, she wasn’t able to and the liquid triggered to heart attack.

The victim, who has not been named, was given emergency treatment after collapsing but later died.