Happy news for travel lovers - or those yet to book their summer holiday - British Airways has launched competitively-priced 'basic' air fares on a selection of their long-haul routes.
The new fares will be available from London to the following destinations:
- Austin, Texas (from £246);
- Boston (from £175); Delhi (from £210);
- Denver, Colorado (from £191);
- Dubai (from £143); Hong Kong (from £228);
- Oakland, California (from £185);
- Philadelphia (from £234);
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (from £240);
- Singapore (from £230).
So what's the catch? You have to pay to check in hold luggage - which will cost you around £80 for a return journey.
However, you do get two pieces of hand-luggage, so clever packers who can travel with the bare minimum might be able to avoid the charge.