Serve as: Dinner
When you fancy a chilli con carne but dont want to eat meat then this meatfree version recipe is just for you.
Easy and healthy, ready in just 15 minutes, make it perfect for busy weeknights!
Serve with a salad, nachos or rice. I am a big Quorn fan so i always keep a few bags of Quorn in my freezer to know i can have a Quorn Chilli, or Quorn curry when ever i want. If you don’t fancy Quorn, you could easily use beef mince in this recipe instead.
I’ve kept the chilli level quite mild so it’s great for kids but feel free to add more if you like your chilli con carne HOT!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2-3 people
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and add the onions and chopped garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add cumin powder, chilli powder and cinnamon stick stir for 2 minutes.
- Now add the Quorn mince to the pan and give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar and water let it cook for 15 min.
- Add the kidney beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander on top and adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.