Today, i am sharing a recipe of instant dosa prepared by roasting and grinding oats to powder.
A healthy and mouthwatering dosa is a perfect breakfast dish. A simple and delicious dosa prepared from oats has many health benefits and helps maintaing your everyday diet.
You don’t need to soak, grind and ferment rice and dal like you would for Masala dosa.
This is an instant Oats dosa recipe, crispy and tasty like Rava dosa. Its hard to tell that there is oats in this recipe. you can easily cheat your family members (like i do) who doesn't like oats by giving this healthy dosa.
Here is how to do it.
Best served as
Prep: 10.00 minutes
Cook: 10.00 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- Oats - 1 cup of dry roasted, cooled and ground oats (I used quick cooking oats)
- Semolina - 1 1/4 cups
- Rice flour - 3/4 cup
- Maida - 1/4 cup (all purpose flour)
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies - 2 chopped
- Ginger - 1tsp chopped
- Few curry leaves
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Sour Buttermilk - 1/2 cup
- Water as require
- Oil as required
- Pour a teaspoon of oil and keep the flame low and allow the dosa to fry on one side. Then gently turn it other side and cook the dosa till it becomes crispy.
- The yummy and crispy Oats Dosa is ready to serve.
- Serve warm with chutney of your choice.
- Take large bowl and mix all the above ingredients except oil and let the batter sit for half an hour to an hour. It might thicken after a while as rava absorbs the water.
- At the time of making dosas, add more water if required make it like thick buttermilk.
- Heat the pan and sprinkle few drops of water over the hot pan and pour a ladle full of dosa batter on hot pan in a circular motion.