When in Italy, do as Italians do - but make sure to follow instructions carefully.
But for students living alone and cooking for the first time is really nightmare.
Three students from America decided to cook pasta but forgot to add one essential ingredient - water.
The incident took place in Florence when they decided to try their hands on classic Italian dish.
They bought a pack of pasta and dropped pasta in a pot and just left it on the stove, waited for their pasta to boil. Instead, it caught on fire.
Damaging some of the kitchen furniture. But not to worry, firefighters were on time and able to put out the fire, and thankfully no one was hurt except that poor pasta.
The students said:
"We put the pasta on the fire without the water, we thought it was cooked like that,"
Famous Italian Chef Fabio Picchi stepped in to scene and offered four hours of free cooking lessons at one of his restaurants.
"They will have lunch in our restaurant with two of my extraordinary cooks, They will teach them the simple basics that are very good if done well. I think this can be useful to them, but also to us. Understanding is what is beautiful and necessary."