Cuisine: Vegetarian North Indian
Serve as: Starter
In this recipe the every day chapathi is transformed into something ne and its super simple recipe to make.
I always have some leftover chapathi after meal and they becomes dry over time so i do a stir-fry with leftover chapathi.
Its a great way of using dry leftover chapatis. I make it all the time for lunch and its a perfect afternoon snack for kids and equally delicious for lunch box.
People who dont eat chapatis will love this stir fry.
Here is how to do it.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2-3 people
- 4 left over chapatis ( Cut them into small bits. Set aside)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 chopped onion
- 4-5 green chilli slits
- Few curry leaves
- Few chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste (if you added salt in chapatis dough no need to add again)
- 2 tsp water
- Chopped coriander.
- 1 tsp lemon Juice
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, green chilli, onion, ginger and curry leaves. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Now add salt and coriander, cumin powder and fry for 30 seconds.
- Finally add the bite size cut chapathi pieces and sprinkle some water on top.
- Mix till everything is well coated.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- Tasty chapathi stir fry is ready.