In this recipe the every day chapathi is transformed into something ne and its super simple recipe to make.
I always have some leftover chapathi after meal and they becomes dry over time so i do a stir-fry with leftover chapathi.
Its a great way of using dry leftover chapatis. I make it all the time for lunch and its a perfect afternoon snack for kids and equally delicious for lunch box.
People who dont eat chapatis will love this stir fry.
Here is how to do it.
Best served as
Prep: 10.00 minutes
Cook: 10.00 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Serves 2-3 people
- 4 left over chapatis ( Cut them into small bits. Set aside)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 chopped onion
- 4-5 green chilli slits
- Few curry leaves
- Few chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste (if you added salt in chapatis dough no need to add again)
- 2 tsp water
- Chopped coriander.
- 1 tsp lemon Juice
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, green chilli, onion, ginger and curry leaves. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Now add salt and coriander, cumin powder and fry for 30 seconds.
- Finally add the bite size cut chapathi pieces and sprinkle some water on top.
- Mix till everything is well coated.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- Tasty chapathi stir fry is ready.