Lemon rice is a traditional and a popular recipe down south popularly called as chitrannam or nimmakaya pulihora in telugu version of the recipe…
It is the easiest and a tangy flavored recipe which is basically a tempered rice often made in yellow color and its prepared in every Indian household.
you can make this with freshly cooked rice or even with left over rice and peanuts adds crunch to this sour and aromatic rice recipe.
Today i used leftover rice..n turned up very tasty...
Best served as
Prep: 10.00 minutes
Cook: 10.00 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 1 cup left over rice
- juice of 3 lemons (approx 6-7 tbsps) adjust
- salt to taste
Tempering/Poppu/Tadka:1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tsps urad dal/minappa pappu/split gram dal
- 1 tbsp channa dal/senaga pappu/bengal gram
- 2 tbsps peanuts
- pinch of hing
- few ginger pieces
- 2 green chillis, cut in half
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric powder/pasupu
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and as they begin to crackle, add the dals and peanuts allow them to turn slightly red.
- Now add curry leaves, green chillis and stir fry for few more secs.
- Add asafoetida / hing and turmeric powder mix them well and turn off heat.
- Then add salt and lemon juice to rice and add the seasoning to rice and mix well that it coats the rice well.
- Serve hot.