Lemon Poha is one of the very popular and healthy Indian breakfast in SouthIndia.
It has become my recent fav especillay when the tummy kicks towards 5PM teatime snack.
It is very easy to put together and you need not wait too long, delicious and flavourful poha ready in minutes….what else do you want?
I always love lemon flavour for its tanginess like lemon rice and lemon pickle, lemon juice, etc....
You can use any variety of poha but I prefer the thick one as it is less sticky and it doesnt go soft, though tastewise not much of difference.
I love the thin variety of poha to make payasam. Next article i'll show you how make payasam (sweet) using bellam (jaggery), which is again healthy and very easy..
Best served as
Prep: 10.00 minutes
Cook: 15.00 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- Thick Poha - 1 cup
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Few furry leaves
- Green chilli - 1 or 2
- Chopeed ginger - 1 tsp
- Peanuts - 1 tbsp
- Green peas - 1tbsp (boiled) iused frozen peas.
- Hing / asafoetida poder - pinch
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash and soak poha in water for 1 minute. Drain water and set it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in frypan. Add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, chana dal and saute until they crackle.
- Now Add curry leaves, green chilli and chopped ginger. Saute for few seconds.
- Add peanuts, green peas and saute and hing, turmeric powder, salt. Mix completely.
- Add soaked poha and combine well in low flame.
- Add few drops of water and cover and cook poha in low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- Turn off flame and add lemon juice
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- healhty lemon poha is ready. Serve hot.