Matthew Murray

News · UK

Man dies after getting head stuck under electric chair in cinema

The chair’s footrest was broken off and he was released.

A man has died after his head stuck under the footrest of an electric seat at a Vue cinema in Birmingham.

He was trying to get his phone back after it fell between the luxury 'Gold Class seats' when he bent down to get his phone back, the electric seat’s footrest trapped down on his head.

He became very panicked as he tried to free himself and suffered cardiac arrest. His family and cinema staff tried to free him but couldn’t.. 

Eventually footrest was broken off but he was left with serious head injuries and taken to hospital after incident but today afternoon sadly he died.