There’s a time in every human life when they just needs to eat a bowl of broccoli with pasta and greenpeas. The little green tree is my favourite food and it’s damn good for health.
Soooo… what if you could make it more delicious? That could be win-win, surely? So i thought i will make pasta with brocolli and greenpeas This recipe actually took me a while to get right – but it is really easy - it's also very filling , satisfying – perfect for those short evenings after work.
- 1 packet pasta (i used penne pasta)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- salt and crushed pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Bring water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions adding the broccoli and peas for the final 4-5 mins and cooking until tender. Drain well and leave the to aside.
- Now heat the pan and add olive oil and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min, then slowly add the milk, stirring well between each addition.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 2 mins.
- Mix the cooked pasta, broccoli and peas and salt into this milk mixture and mix them well together.
- Now add grated cheese on top and place under a hot grill for 3-4 mins until golden and bubbling.
- Add crushed pepper and a few chili flakes to taste
- serve hot.