Curry powder is a great one to have on hand all the time. It is completely different from garam masala powder. This one has all the spices and can be used in any curry.
Although curry powder is easily available in shops i wanted to make my own curry powder to add in currys and this is my version of curry powder and it taste great with any curry and even you can mix in spaghetti, pasta and anything you can think of...
Hope you guys try and let me know how it turns out for you...
Best served as
Prep: 10.00 minutes
Cook: 15.00 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- 20 to 30 Dry Red Chilli
- 1/2 cup Coriander Seeds
- 4 big cinnamon Stick –
- 15 cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 20 curry leaves (optional)
- 10-12 Whole Black Pepper
- 1/2 turmeric Powder
- 2 tblspn cumin Seeds – 3 tblspn
- 3 tblspn fennel Seeds
- Take all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan except turmeric powder and roast it on a low heat for 10 to 12 mins till it is nicely toasted.
- Cool this.
- Take it in a blender, add turmeric powder and powder it finely.
- Store it in a air tight container and use in your curries.