These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, low calorie, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies!
Courgette (also known as zucchinis) are consist mostly of water. That means they can help top-up your liquid intake, as well as providing nutrients such as vitamin A and C for your body.
Best served as: Starter
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 8
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 2 chopped garlic cloves,
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil 1tbsp
- Salt & Pepper
- First in a large bowl Whisk 2 eggs together and set aside.
- Place the shredded courgette in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle lightly with salt. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the courgette.
- Now in a large mixing bowl add grated courgette, beaten eggs, add chopped garlic, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to taste. Now mix everything together.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into patties ( If mixture seems too wet to handle, place bowl in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, which will allow the mixture to firm up).
- Heat about 1 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook patties until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately.