Corn and cheese with potato is a perfect combo and with added simple ingredients, this is a great super hit with both kids and adults and they are lip-smacking snack for any party.
These are deep fried starters prepared with corn, potato and mozzarella cheese. Once a dough is formed, it is than given a small lemon size ball shape and coated with breadcrumbs to deep fry.
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Recipe Category: Starter
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Also try other snack recipes like
Best served as: Starter
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Cheese , grated
- 1 Potato, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels , boiled
- Coriander Leaves , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Black pepper powder
- 1/8 tablespoon Garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Corn flour
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- Cooking oil , as required for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, add the grated cheese, boiled and mashed potato, boiled corn, coriander leaves, red chili flakes, crushed oregano, a little pepper, garlic paste, cornflour and salt and mix everything well.
- Apply a little oil on your palm and make about 1/2 inches balls from the mixture.
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour and water and mix them to get pouring consistency batter.
- In a kadai, heat enough oil to deep fry.
- Put some plain flour on one side and bread crumbs on the other side on your work surface.
- Roll the cheese balls in plain flour, dip them in all-purpose flour batter and then in bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same process to coat all corn and cheese balls in a similar way.
- Deep fry coated cheese balls on a medium flame.
- Serve Corn Cheese Balls Recipe hot with Green Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.