Aloo kachori is a tasty dish which can be served for breakfast, lunch or as a snack and It is very famous snack in North India.
It is very easy to prepare at home and can be served with green chutney or simply with tomato ketchup.
Cuisine: North Indian
Best served as: Snack
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Quantity: 20 pieces
- 2 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1 tbsp rava / semolina / suji
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ¾ cup water
- oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp fennel / saunf
- 2 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 potato, boiled & mashed
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Firrstly, prepare the kachori dough by taking 2 cup maida, 1 tbsp rava, ½ tsp salt and 3 tbsp ghee. and rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan when the oil is hot enough add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander seeds and ½ tsp fennel.
- Add 2 green chilli, ½ tsp ginger paste and saute for 30 seconds.
- keeping the flame on low, now add spices ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp aamchur and pinch of hing and saute well.
- Now add 2 boiled and mashed potato into pan and add ½ tsp salt and mix well.
- Kachori stuffing is ready.
- Take the dough and knead it once more. Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of potato filling in the center. Bring together all the sides and seal it well. Remove the excess dough .
- Gently press the center of the kachori with your thumb.
- Heat oil in a pan now gently slide the kachori into the hot oil and fry on medium flame for 3 – 4 minutes. Then reduce the flame to low and fry it again for another 5 – 6 minutes or till it becomes golden brown on both the sides.
- finally, serve aloo kachori as it is or with green chutney and salted fried chilli.
Salted Green Chilli
- 5-6 green chilies
- oil for frying
Just slit the green chilies and deep fry them and then sprinkle some salt on them.