Bread roll recipe with green chutney A good party snack recipe that's quite easy to make.
A easy snack recipe prepared from leftover bread slices and mashed potatoes and peas. it is typically consumed as a evening snack, or as a starters / appetizer before main course meal. These are a deep fried popular snack in India and flavor-bursting snacks.
Inside the bread there are various stuffings that can be done and fried but, here, I have used boiled potato stuffing but, various stuffings using egg, paneer, veggies too can be done to this snack.
Best served as: Starter
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2-3 people
- 6 slices of white bread
- 2 large potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 green chilli (finely-chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (minced)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp aamchur powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely-chopped)
- 2 cups oil
- Firstly, in a large pan heat oil and saute finely chopped ginger and garlic and green chillie now add green peas and saute for about a minute
- Now add pinch turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix well together.
- Also add chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, aamchur powder and salt.
- Mix well and mash the potatoes making sure the spices blends well with potatoes.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. keep aside.
- Cut the edges of each slice of bread
- Dip the bread into a shallow plate of water on both sides and remove it immediately
- Squeeze out the excess water
- place the oval shaped prepared stuffing.
- and wrap the bread making sure to pinch the edges and secure tight.
- Further, with the help of both hands roll and make a oval shape.
- Stir and fry occasionally on medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot Bread Rolls with Green Chutney