Serve as: Appetiser
Paneer tikka is a popular north indian starter that can be prepared at home easily. This paneer tikka recipe produces a delightful dish that vegetarians and meat eaters can enjoy with Indian flavour and spice.
Ideally, the paneer should be cooked in a tandoor, but if you don't have access to one a super hot grill will do the job nicely.
Enjoy these paneer tikkas as an evening snack or serve them as a party appetiser this weekend.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Total: 28 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
- hung yoghurt 250ml
- garlic paste 1tbsp
- ginger paste 1tbsp
- mustard oil 1tbsp
- fresh lime juice 2tbsp
- salt 1tsp
- tandoori orange colour ¼ tsp (optional)
- garam masala ½tsp
- black pepper ½tsp
- kashmiri red chili powder 2tsp
- green chilies 2, finely chopped
- 500g paneer cubes cut into 3.5cm
- large capsicums 2
- large tomatoes 2
- large onion 1
- Oil to taste
- Take the hung curd in a bowl and add in all the spices, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and vegetable oil
- Whisk it together until it becomes a smooth consistency
- Marinate the paneer cubes in the curd mixture for two hours
- Cut the onion into large chunks. Deseed and cut the tomato and capsicum into large chunks.
- Assemble each skewer with one cube of marinated paneer, followed by a piece of onion and bell pepper
- Repeat till skewer is full, changing the color of the bell pepper each time
- Brush the grill with some oil and place the skewers on the hot surface
- Grill on all sides for about 2 minutes
- Top it up with a squeeze of lemon and serve hot, with mint chutney