Serve as: Lunch
Mini Pinwheel sandwiches are the sandwiches which are rolled and sliced with the stuffing’s. there are several variety of pinwheel sandwiches depending upon topping and spreads used in sandwich.
These sandwiches are very easy to prepare and ideal for kids snacks box and also for parties. the toppings can be easily altered to the specific choices.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Quantity: 3-4 servings
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp coriander chutney
- 2 tsp jeera powder
- 2 tsp jaljeera masala
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup carrots (finely-chopped)
- 2 potatoes (boiled, finely-chopped)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup spinach (shredded)
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (finely-chopped)
- Cut off the edges of the bread slices and roll them out using a roller, roll as thin as possible.
- Apply butter and coriander chutney to one side of each slice of bread
- In a small bowl, mix the jeera powder, jaljeera powder, black pepper, red chilli powder and salt
- Add carrots and potatoes over the first slice of bread and gently press it flat
- Sprinkle seasoning mix on top and then place the second slice of bread over it, chutney side up
- On the second slice of bread, add a layer of shredded cheese, followed by a little more seasoning
- Now add the third slice of bread over the cheese layer, chutney side up
- Add the shredded cabbage and spinach on this layer, followed by a little more of the seasoning
- Gently roll the three layers of bread into a wheel using plastic wrap, tightly wrap the bread into the round shape
- Refrigerate the sandwich for at least 30 minutes, allowing it to set a little bit.
- Remove from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap
- Heat a little bit of butter in a pan, and gently saute the sandwich till golden brown
- Cut the sandwich into one inch sections and lay them out neatly in a plate
- And garnish with chopped coriander.