It's a breeze to make cheesey jalapeno poppers at home with these simple step-by-step tips.
If you’ve never made homemade jalapeno poppers, today is the day , you’ve got to give my recipe a try. Making poppers is way easier than you think. And they taste so much better than any restaurant or frozen variety.
I like my jalapeños crunchy, so I don’t pre-cook them. But if you prefer soft jalapenos, you’ll need to parboil them after scooping out the seeds and stems, and before stuffing them.
Be sure to wear gloves while seeding the jalapenos -- they will burn. If you don't have gloves, put plastic bags over your hands as you work.
Best served as
Prep: 20.00 minutes
Cook: 10.00 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 6-7 Jalapeno (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup processed cheese (grated)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 cups oil
- In a meduim size bowl mix the cheeses, corn, Jalapenos, the herbs and salt
- Make a batter with plain flour and water
- Shape small balls with the cheese mixture
- Roll the balls in the flour batter and then roll them in breadcrumbs
- Make sure the balls are covered in breadcrumbs completely
- Fry them in hot oil till they're golden brown
- Transfer jalapeno poppers to paper towels to drain and serve them with ketchup.