Cheese Dosa another twist to Dosa by which will mesmerize your taste buds. Loved every bite of the these. Its one of the best food suited for kids and it is always a hit with the little kids and make this as a reward to your kids.
It is a popular fast food and served as a street food in india as snack with combination of sambar, chutney recipes. however grated cheddar cheese is topped on top of dosa very similar to any pizza recipe. later it is rolled similar to masala dosa and then cut into 2 halves to be served with sambar, chutney.
Cuisine: South Indian
Best served as: Breakfast
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Total: 38 minutes
Quantity: 2 plate
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ¾ tsp urad dal
- ¾ tsp chana dal
- few curry leaves
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- salt to taste
- 2 potato, boiled & peeled
- ¼ cup water, adjust consistency
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups dosa batter
- 4 tsp butter
- ½ cup cheese, cheddar or mozzarella
- Firstly, heat the pan and pour dosa batter on it and spread.
- Once the dosa dries out from top, add a dollop of butter.
- Also add prepared red chutney, adjust the chutney according to the spice level you are looking for and mix red chutney and butter together.
- furthermore, mix and spread all over the dosa.
- also spread 1 tbsp of prepared masala over dosa now add grate cheese all over the dosa
- Cook till the bottom of dosa turns golden brown. Then roll the dosa along and cut half.
- Finally, cut half cheese dosa and serve immediately.