Vegetable noodles is a very popular Indo Chinese dish. I don't think there will be anyone who doesn't like noodles.It is so easy to prepare and also tastes good. I have added lot of vegetables to make it more healthy. Today we will learn how to make Mixed Vegetable Noodles following this simple recipe.
A great way to make sure you’re getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs is to eat the vegetables. Eating a mixture of different coloured vegetables, like in this stir-fry, will help you do that.
Of course, feel free to use whatever vegetables you have in the fridge – this is a great dish for using up leftovers too!
Best served as: Dinner
Prep: 12 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 22 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2 people
- 2 pack noodles boiled
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stem spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, julienne cut
- 9 florets broccoli
- 3 beans, finely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage, thinly shredded
- ½ capsicum (green & red), sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
Bring water to boil adding a tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp of salt.Then add noodles to the boiling water. Stir it now and then to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Do not over cook the noodles. It should be cooked al dente. Test it by tasting the noodles. It should be firm but not hard.
Drain the noodles in a colander and run cold water over it to prevent it from sticking to each other.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan, now stir-fry garlic and ginger for 30seconds & add sliced onions and spring onions and saute well.
- Now add vegetables like carrot, broccoli, beans and cabbage.
- Saute on high flame and make sure not to loose the crunchiness. Now add capsicum and saute well.
- Add cooked noodles and mix gently.
- Now add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp chilli sauce, salt to taste and ½ tsp pepper. Mix and toss on high flame until noodles are evenly coated with sauces ans vegetables.
- Add spring onion on top & transfer to the serving bowl.
- Finally, serve veg noodles hot along with vegetarian manchurian or with veg noodle pakora.