Serve as: Main course
A delicious mushroom stir fry recipe is a great thing to have up your sleeve. Quick and healthy and tasty mushroom stir fry to serve with roti are rice. It can also be used as stuffing for sandwichs or wraps. Its so simple, this recipe is Perfect for winters
I love mushrooms, so mushroom stir fry is one of my favorite meals ever. They’re low in calorie, easy to cook and have a uniquely meaty and absolutely delicious flavor.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2-4 people
- 2 cup Button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Pearl onions, sliced
- 10 cloves Garlic, crushed (in a mortar and pestle)
- 4 tablespoons Black pepper powder, freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 3 sprig Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- To begin first thoroughly wash the mushrooms and pat them dry between kitchen towels and set them aside for later use.
- Smash the garlic pods and crush the pepper and set both aside separately and keep them aside.
- In a skillet or wok heat cooking oil. Add the garlic and pearl onions and saute them for about a minute until they are nicely aromatic.
- Top this with pepper powder, salt to taste and mix it all up well.
- Add mushrooms to the spicy mix and toss well until every mushroom is coated. Stir constantly and allow the mushrooms to cook for about 3-5 minutes until all the water evaporated. Make sure mushrooms not over cooked.
- Take the mushrooms off the heat, sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Serve hot Garlic & Pepper Mushroom Stir Fry