King of Fruits + Queen of Desserts = Mango Kulfi
Kulfi and summers go together. Mango kulfi is an easy Indian mango ice cream and this recipe does not require any cooking, so easy!! Mango kulfi is a rich, milk based frozen mango dessert, that can be easily made and enjoyed at home.
Do make it and make your kids and family member enjoy this and don’t forget to treat yourself as well.
Best served as: Dessert
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 180 minutes
Total: 185 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4 people
- 2 mangoes
- 1 litre full-fat milk
- 75g caster sugar
- 10 cardamom pods
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to the boil, add the sugar and the cardamom pods, and then turn down to a low simmer and continue cooking till it thickens.
- Blend the mango in a blender until smooth.
- Add the pulp to the reduced milk and cook them together for a few minutes.
- Pour the milk into a jug set in iced water to cool quickly then pour into your chosen moulds.
- Freeze until solid (about 3 hours). Remove from the freezer to soften before eating.
- Serve with fresh, chopped mangoes.