Serve as: Dinner
There's nothing quite like the sound and smell of sizzling food to make dinners sit up and take notice. This sizzler is a complete Italian meal by itself, made up of garlic bread, roasted vegetables, choice of pasta and tomato sauce.
This italian sizzler is a recipe par comparison that combines nutritious veggies It is a treat that pampers the taste buds, while also serving as a wholesome meal that fill your hunger!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3-4 people
- 2 cups Pasta (of your choice, cooked Al Dente)
Tomato sauce for pasta
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 7 cloves Garlic , (small, finely chopped or grated)
- 5 Tomatoes blanched and pureed
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Corn flour mix with 2 tablespoons water, optional
- Basil leaves handful (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- Salt to taste
For the garlic cheese bread
- 5 Bread slices
- 1 tablespoon Butter , salted
- 7 cloves Garlic , crushed using mortar and pestle
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
For roasted vegetables
- 2 Potatoes (aloo) , cut into fingers and blanched
- 1 Onion , diced
- 1 Carrot , diced and blanched
- 1 Tomato , deseeded and diced
- 1/2 Cauliflower (gobi) , cut into florets and blanched
- 1/4 cup Sweet corn , blanched
- 6 French Beans , cut into 3" pieces and blanched
- 1/2 cup Red Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum) , diced
- 2 teaspoons Cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
Assembling the sizzler
- 6 Cabbage , (wash and keep it soaked in cold water till use)
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- To begin making the Italian Pasta Sizzler recipe, firstly we will prepare the roasted vegetables.
- Heat a wide pan with oil and roast the potatoes and other vegetables each separately, adding salt and pepper to them.
- When they are roasted and slightly crisp on the outside, but soft inside, switch off and set them aside.
- The next step is to make the Pasta. Heat a wide pan over low flame and add garlic.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes or till the garlic is light brown and immediately add pureed tomatoes and salt. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add water and the corn flour mixture. Once the mixture thickens, switch off and pour half of the sauce into the cooked pasta, mix well and set it aside.
- Reserve the other half to serve while assembling the sizzler.
- The next step is to make the Garlic Cheese bread. To the crushed garlic, add butter, Italian herbs and mix well.
- Spread the garlic butter on one side of each bread.
- Heat a skillet with butter and place the bread for toasting on low flame. Sprinkle cheese on top of the bread. Close the pan for just 1 minute.
- When the cheese begins to melt, remove the garlic bread and set it aside.
- Alternatively, you can bake the prepared garlic bread in your preheated oven for 5-6 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- The final step is to assemble the sizzler. Grease the sizzler pan with butter. Line the pan with cabbage leaves.
- Place the pan on the gas stove over low heat. As the sizzler pan is heating, arrange the roasted vegetables, and pasta.
- Heat the pasta sauce and when the pan is screaming hot, pour it over the pasta .
- Switch off the gas and add a 1/2 teaspoon of melted butter on the sides of the pan and this will help it to sizzle.
- Add the garlic bread to the pan, and carefully lift the sizzler pan and place it on the wooden board (part of the sizzler pan) and serve it to your family. Your yummy Italian Pasta Sizzler is ready.
- Serve Italian Pasta Sizzler on its own for a delicious Italian meal.