Here is a quick snack dish that you can prepare in no time and serve as a breakfast or evening snacks or even starters. Chilli cheese toast as its name suggest is a toast made from cheese and chilli spread on top.
This is an indian version of veg chilli toast. i have added garlic to this on toast recipe to make it to suit our indian taste buds. certainly this cheese and chilli flavoured toast will be liked by everyone in the family especially with the kids.
easy chilli cheese toast recipe | cheese chilli toast recipe on tawa
- 1 cup cheddar, mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 10 jalapeno pieces or 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- salt to taste
- butter to spread
- 4 slices bread, brown / white
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take mozzarella cheese.
- also add capsicum, garlic and jalapeño pieces.
- additionally, add pepper and salt.
- mix well making sure to combine all together. keep aside.
- now, spread the butter on bread slice.
- further, toast the butter side till it turn golden and crisp.
- remove the bread slice from the tawa and cut half.
- heat tawa and spread the butter on the other side of bread slice.
- additionally top with mixed cheese.
- place the topped bread and cover with a lid and allow to cook on low flame till the cheese melts completely. alternatively you can bake in oven in 500 degrees fahrenheit or 250 degree celsius for about 5-8 minutes.
- once the cheese melts, it is ready to serve.
- finally, serve cheese chilli toast hot with chilli flakes and oregano on top.
You can make a quick fresh corinader, mint and tomato chutney to serve with this recipe by blending together the leaves from a small bunch of mint and coriander in a blender or food processor, along with a pinch of sea salt and handful of chopped tomatoes. Any leftover rarebit mix will keep well for 3–4 days in the fridge, stored in an airtight container which must be closed only when the mixture is totally cold. When cold it will apply like a firm spread but will still taste amazing.