Just say "call X" with either a contact name or a number to initialise it for the first time.
All calls appear to be free, including numbers like 0870.
Make calls on Google Home
With Hands-Free Calling on Google Home, you can call friends, family, and businesses using just your voice. This functionality is only available in the U.S., U.K., Canadian English and Canadian French.
What you need
- Google Home firmware version is 1.28.99351 or higher. Here's how to check your firmware version.
- Google app version is 7.17 or above. To check your Google app version number,
Open the Google app Menu Settings About version number. To get the latest version, go to the Google app page on the Play Store and tap Update.
- Your Google Account is linked to Google Home.
- You are located in U.S. Note: Here are the instructions if you're located in Canada.
- Your Assistant language is set to English U.S., English U.K., Canadian English, of French Canadian.