Raymond Simmons
· News

15-year-old dies after eating a lethal kebab

Chloe Gilbert who had a severe dairy allergy died in Bath city centre after eating a kebab containing dairy product.

The 15-year-old became unwell shortly after eating lunch with a friend during a shopping to Bath city centre on 5 March.  She had ordered a kebab dish with lettuce, chips and BBQ sauce.

Chole later suffered an anaphylactic shock and collapsed at the scene where police and paramedics attended. However the schoolgirl was pronounced dead at 3.35pm after being airlifted the Royal United Hospital in Bath.

Witnesses reported Chloe was sitting on a bench with her friend and shaking.

They helped to lay her on her back at which point ‘stuff came out of her mouth’, while one administered Chloe’s epipen medicine to her.

Assistant coroner Dr Peter Harrowing concluded the cause of death as accidental death caused by anaphylactic shock.

He said: ‘This is a very tragic case for someone so young who suffered from such a severe allergy.’

Paying tribute to Chloe, her family said:

Thank you to all the services who tried to help Chloe that tragic day, and to the nearby shop workers, members of the public and Chloe’s friend who did everything she could.

Our dear Chloe, a true Angel, is loved and so dearly missed by us, her brother, all her friends and family.

We take this opportunity to mention a couple of charities for the benefit of other anaphylactic sufferers – Allergy UK and Anaphylaxis Campaign.’